When it comes to planning a destination Thanksgiving celebration, there are few more attractive locales for getting all of the far-flung family members together than the Myrtle Beach area. After all, the Grand Strand is easy to reach from most anywhere, its coastal climate offers mild fall temperatures, and the area is loaded with lodging options, dining choices, family-friendly attractions and more.
But, with the holiday so uniquely centered around a single meal, some potential visitors might ask: What do we do about Thanksgiving dinner? Fortunately, the Grand Strand and The Cottages at North Beach Plantation offer plentiful answers to this question. Consider these options for getting your fill of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes on the big day:
One of the great things about the wide-ranging accommodation options at The Cottages at North Beach Plantation is that nearly all of the lodging options at the resort feature fully equipped kitchens. So you and your vacation crew can buy groceries nearby in advance, then cook up all of your Thanksgiving favorites right in your home away from home — often with sweeping Atlantic Ocean views right out your window, or at least within easy walking distance. Once you’re done feasting, of course, there’s nothing quite like a walk along the beach to get those digestive juices flowing.
Dine out on the resort property
At 21 Main Prime Steakhouse, located right on the resort property, a special Thanksgiving buffet featuring a range of the holiday’s traditional dishes and more will be served from noon to 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. And if your crew prefers to take its Thanksgiving meal a little later in the day, 21 Main can also accommodate, as it will be serving its usual menu fare from 3 to 7:30 p.m. that day.
Dine out in town
A number of area restaurants will be open on Thanksgiving Day, and many will be serving special holiday menus to mark the occasion. Among the Grand Strand restaurants serving meals on Thanksgiving Day:
- California Dreaming, with area locations in North Myrtle Breach and Surfside Beach, will serve a fixed Thanksgiving menu. Reservations are recommended.
- Captain George’s in Myrtle Beach will be open, and its seafood buffet will include some special Thanksgiving selections.
- Carolina Roadhouse in Myrtle Beach will serve special Thanksgiving offerings until 7 p.m., with its typical menu fare available all day. Reservations are recommended.
- Chestnut Hill in Myrtle Beach will serve a buffet-style Thanksgiving dinner. Reservations are recommended.
- The 38th Avenue/Grissom Parkway location of Croissants Bistro & Bakery in Myrtle Beach will offer order-ahead Thanksgiving meals that can be picked up on Thanksgiving Day.
- Greg Norman Australian Grille in North Myrtle Beach will be open to serve its regular menu fare, plus a special Thanksgiving dinner offering. Reservations are recommended.
- Gulfstream Café in Garden City will serve a limited version of its regular menu plus a special Thanksgiving Platter loaded with a selection of the traditional dishes the holiday is known for. Reservations are recommended.
- Hard Rock Café in Myrtle Beach will be open and serving its regular menu, plus a special Thanksgiving buffet will be offered. Reservations are recommended.
- Hook & Barrel in Myrtle Beach will offer a special Thanksgiving Day buffet.
- House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach will offer a special Southern Thanksgiving Feast starting at 11 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
- K&W Cafeteria will serve its full menu plus some added Thanksgiving favorites at both its Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach locations. Further, guests can order ahead and pick up their Thanksgiving dinner at K&W To Go, then enjoy their meal back at the resort.
- Magnolia’s at 26th in Myrtle Beach will be open its normal hours and will have some special Thanksgiving offerings available on its buffet.
- Original Benjamin’s Calabash Seafood in Myrtle Beach will feature its usual buffet, plus some holiday favorites with all the trimmings.
- Preston’s Restaurant in North Myrtle Beach will be open and serving its Seafood & Country Buffet all day.
- Simply Southern Smokehouse in Myrtle Beach will serve up its usual buffet spread, with special holiday offerings to include fried turkey, smoked ham and smoked turkey.
- Wahoo’s Fish House in Murrells Inlet will be open and will serve a special Thanksgiving Day buffet. Reservations are recommended.
This is just a sampling of the dining options available on the Grand Strand for Thanksgiving 2019 — if you don’t see your favorite restaurant mentioned above, reach out to your establishment of choice to see if it might be serving on the holiday.
After having your Thanksgiving meal just the way you like it, spend the remainder of your holiday weekend enjoying the comfortable coastal accommodations and wide-ranging on-property amenities at The Cottages at North Beach Plantation — along with taking in the wealth of family-friendly attractions on the Grand Strand. Book your fall getaway in North Myrtle Beach today — and start looking forward to making some memories on the Carolina coast.